God loves us. He wants us to reflect that love back to Him and out to others.
How do we do that? Matthew 22:37-40
We do that by making disciples who have an intimate personal relationship with Him.
How do we do that? Matthew 28:18-20
We do that by encouraging people to:
Be changed by Jesus
Share in the mission of Jesus
What happens when we do that together?
Together, we live these out through the church that Jesus Christ Himself built. Its model and purpose is defined in Ephesians 4:11-13.
- We rest firmly on the foundation of the Lordship of Christ.
- God establishes leaders on this foundation.
- These leaders teach, mentor, model, shepherd, and disciple to prepare God’s people for ministry.
- These prepared disciples then do effective ministry inside the church and out in the world.
- This ministry inevitably results in growth, both numerically and spiritually.
- As each does his part, the church begins to function in unity.
- Then together as one, the church matures into a body that reflects Jesus Christ in ever-increasing measure.