Please Stand By
When you think of heaven, what do you picture? How does that match up to the Biblical description?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:8 How will I get heaven? [You’ll die or Jesus will come back.] Why is it important for us to know how immediate we will be with Jesus? [There is no limbo or purgatory. It can remove fear knowing that as soon as we leave this earth we’ll be in heaven with Jesus.]
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:12. How does knowing that all of your questions will be answered immediately in heaven affect how you live here on earth? [Upper Story/Lower Story – We can lay our questions down at the feet of Jesus, knowing that even if they are not answered here, they will be answered in heaven.]
- When you’ve pictured what you will be doing in heaven in the past, what did you think? How does that match what the Bible says we’ll be doing in heaven?
- Was there anything in the sermon that surprised you or changed your expectations or ideas of heaven? If so, what?
- Read Matthew 6:19-21. Pray and ask God to reveal to you where your treasure is stored? What are you doing to save up for heaven? Are you ready?
To print this guide, click here!
Want to catch up on the last week of our current series? Print it here!