If you could reach any goal without putting in any of the efforts, what would it be?
- Read Jeremiah 17:9 How does this Scripture stand in opposition to our “Follow your heart” culture? What should we be following? [The truth of God’s word should be our standard for our thoughts, feelings, and actions.]
- Read Ephesians 5:3. Are there places where we are tempted to write ourselves a pass when it comes to purity in our lives? [Entertainment, money, sex.]
- How do you make purity a priority in your home?
- Defend – How do you defend your purity?
- Defer – How do you refer to God’s Word in your life?
- Depend – How do you depend on God for your purity?
- Read 1 Samuel 16:7. What does it look like to parent the heart and not the actions? [Celebrate when you see Jesus in them. Have conversations about high standards instead of rules about high standards. “Let’s value this together.” How can I help vs. this is how it is.]
- How do you cultivate a pure heart?
- Read Psalm 51:10. [Ask God to create one in you. Spend time in His Word. Make purity a priority.]
- Ask God to clean any impurity in your heart and life. Ask Him to remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26). Ask Him to create in you a clean heart and cultivate a desire to set an example of purity in your home and create an environment of love and genuine desire to seek God’s will in all ways.
To print this guide, click here!
Want to catch up on the last week of our current series? Print it here!